ZX Forums - View Single Post - Looks like everybody gets annoyed by this....
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Shifty1

I Ride: 2005 ZX6R

Kawasaki's are known for what has been named..."The Kawi Tick". SURPRISE!!

If it is a quiet tick that you only hear some of the time, it's the cam chain...and has been for the past 20 years. Valve chatter sounds differently to those that have heard it. If it is coming from the top right of the engine, it's the cam chain. Also, think of it this way...Your engine is right underneath you. You will hear a lot of things from it but, compared to cars and trucks, it seriously quiet. If you don't believe me, go out and start your car and open the hood while it is running. It's loud as hell under there. I understand that a lot of you guys are buying your first or brand new bike and that you will be prone to paranoia for a while but a slight ticking noise is normal. And if you think it's a little too loud then take it to a dealer or someone who knows about bikes and have them listen to it. But odds are, it's nothing but the old "Kawi Tick".

Now please, stop posting about it. I'm not trying to sound like a dick but threads like, "I've got this faint ticking noise...", have become a daily thing around here and it's unnecessary when it's been talked about over and over again.

-Poetry written in gasoline.

Last edited by Shifty1; 04-21-2009 at 11:41 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome