Post your ZX9R pictures here! : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   ZX Forums > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-9R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

I Ride: 2000 ZX9R

Post your ZX9R pictures here!

Every good forum has a post your ride thread.. so heres ours!

If possible try to keep all pics a decent size, around 800x600px is a decent size for forums. If you cannot resize pictures, or need help posting them either shoot me a PM or email me the pics at JBradshaw00@gmail.com.

Post up pics of YOUR ZX-9R.

I'll start it off.

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

I Ride: 98 ZX998R

my ride

Old 08-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

I Ride: 1997 ZX-9R

some sexy bike gents

Heres mine, looks sad next to the machines with Marchesinis but its a 9 none the less. I'm usually the one taking the pictures so the pics of me and my bike are few and far between, but heres a few.

And yes, that does say 6r on the tank. I should have taken more pics of my bike while I had it. Lesson learned though.

Last edited by oldgreenmachine; 08-15-2007 at 03:42 PM.
oldgreenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

I Ride: 98 ZX998R

PIC OF MY OLD 94 R.I.P.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

I Ride: Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja

My ZX9R

Old 09-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

I Ride: 2001 ZX9R

Big Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mad Pitbull nice finished project. Without a doubt a head turner!!
ZX9Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

I Ride: Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja

Thanks man I'm looking for my next project
Old 09-17-2007, 05:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hi All

New guy here. Greetings from across the pond.:)

I just bought this one.

Taipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

I Ride: 01 zx9r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX9Racer View Post
Mad Pitbull nice finished project. Without a doubt a head turner!!
awesome!!!
dmj120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

Some new ones now with the bolt on extensions.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

From: Sarasota, Florida, via Chicago ,Montreal,PQ & other places around N.A.
I Ride: 99'ZX9R,02'ZZ-R1200,03'Z1000,03'ZG1000GTR

What's going on with that bizzare swingarm? I mean, how can you possibly crank the bike into a series of bends, fast or slow, with the rear wheel hanging out way back there like it was added as an after thought? And what is the purpose of destroying the 9's once fine and precice handling with such a device anyway? Really..I'm confused.
fast911ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Drag racing, and the look.

And before you go to far, as for myself. Opinions are like assholes, everyones got em, no one likes em.

So with that being said, I love running hard through corners, but the zx9 isnt the best bike to begin with for corner carving. If you think different, sit on a new zx10r, gsxr1000, cbr1000rr, or any new bike and then tell me your zx9r handling is a work of art.

I like drag racing, grudge racing to be more specific and (flame on) street racing. So it only makes since to have the arm extended.

And stand by, it will soon have an 8 inch underbraced adams arm.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

J I've ridden them all..but the 9R is still the best compromise available for doing 1,000 mile/15 hour days, AND serious high pressure secondary road riding...both of which I do with regularity.

Actually I was one of the first to order a 10R but relinquished my position after riding one. Nothing currently available matches the 9's all around flexibility, hence my reason for still owning one. To tell the truth, in terms of sheer cornering and braking power.. in public road situations..you'll find a 9R wielded by a skilled pilot will easily best any of the machines you mentioned..and even in the hands of a casual rider, be not very far off pace.

The 14's demographic target group disqualifes that machine..which appears to be the scowling Squidsuki Fuguglybusa thugs. That along with it's less than attractive styling, sluggish handling and uncomfortable riding position, all conspire to eliminate it from consideration as a 9R replacement as well.

Drag 'racing' eh? Well that's something I'll never understand..I mean, what's the point of confining a speed contest to 400m anyway? Racing involves a multitude of challenges..lasting for more than the 10-20 seconds, or whatever short time is involved in travelling those scant 400m. I guess if one settles for a 'contest' of such short duration and they find their pleasure there, well lucky for them being so easily satisfied. Sorry, I dont get it. Bol d'Or, IOM..now that's racing..

Whatever the case may be, I must compliment you on one of your photos. That shot taken thru the Vortex sprocket's centre is quite clever.

Last edited by fast911ray; 10-07-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

I Ride: 1997 ZX-9R

lay off ray, respect each individual's style. i personally, am not for such things as swingarm extensions or chrome (ik it's polish!) but i accept that everyone is different. and yeah, the 9 isn't exactly made for corners, and if it was it certainely doesn't compare with the new crop of bikes... or any literbike really. it's too soft front and rear, and the power delivery isn't perfect. not to say it's not a good bike and i wouldn't take one, but bradshaw has a point.
oldgreenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

I Ride: 1998 ZX9R & 2007 ZX10R

that he does ^^....... as for the 9 ... I lowered the triple trees by 3.45mm= a marked change in handling
I can't believe pastacio nuts are legal. Phuckers are highly addictive
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrzxter
Soooooooo, until someone comes up with a better solution,......... crop dusting with birth control
slim1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

C'mon green...after all I did compliment him on one photo.....AND I must stress, my point was that the 9R is still " The best COMPROMISE available" for SERIOUS LONG DISTANCE WORK AND HIGH PRESSURE SECONDARY ROADS'...and it's sad to see a machine of such great flexibility stripped of that virtue. Certanily it's not the equal of some other newer, more advanced machines...the 10R specifically...as well as the lesser mounts bearing other maker's brands, however, if pressed into duties a niner handles with slightly reluctant ease, those other machines will leave their riders grimacing at the mere thought of doing a thousand miles in 15 hours...not to mention trips of 4, or even 5 and 6 thousand miles in duration.

In reality, a VFR is a more perfect steed for the duties I've mentioned...IF only it generated some REAL kw's [hp]..In fact, at the time [ january 1999 ] the VFR was my first consideration but the power issue deterred me.

After straddling every bike available at that time, only the ZX11 and 9R filled ALL my requirements. I was just coming off of a long run of Ducatis and a M-G 'Dr John' Daytona 1000 homologation special..bearing in mind the handling of those mounts ,my expectations for anything more than brisk straight line performance from a japanese brand were not of the highest order. In fact the 9 surprised me with it's 'crispness', power dilevery and superb braking..[ my absolute favourite pastime, besides seeing the needles hovering at the far end of their respective dials, is LATE BRAKING ] I must report, there the 9 still shines..especially when fitted with the excellent pads supplied by Carbone Lorraine. Add a few adjustments to it's chassis components and the bike comes positively alive, even when compared to those 'more modern' machines.

The every trusty ZX9R will carry me to Parry Sound, Ontario again for PSSBR... with it's sportbike camardarie and backroad delights...then onto Montreal and the maritimes [ with even more challenging backroads ] before heading back south to Florida, come july 2008. A journey of some 6-8,000 miles...all in 2 weeks time.

Anyone want to tag along on a 10R, CBR, R1 or Squidsuki..or even a 9 with extended swinging arm?

Last edited by fast911ray; 10-12-2007 at 03:34 AM. Reason: add commentary
Old 10-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

I Ride: 2000 ZX6R

Old 10-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast911ray View Post
C'mon green...after all I did compliment him on one photo.....AND I must stress, my point was that the 9R is still " The best COMPROMISE available" for SERIOUS LONG DISTANCE WORK AND HIGH PRESSURE SECONDARY ROADS'...and it's sad to see a machine of such great flexibility stripped of that virtue. Certanily it's not the equal of some other newer, more advanced machines...the 10R specifically...as well as the lesser mounts bearing other maker's brands, however, if pressed into duties a niner handles with slightly reluctant ease, those other machines will leave their riders grimacing at the mere thought of doing a thousand miles in 15 hours...not to mention trips of 4, or even 5 and 6 thousand miles in duration.

In reality, a VFR is a more perfect steed for the duties I've mentioned...IF only it generated some REAL kw's [hp]..In fact, at the time [ january 1999 ] the VFR was my first consideration but the power issue deterred me.

After straddling every bike available at that time, only the ZX11 and 9R filled ALL my requirements. I was just coming off of a long run of Ducatis and a M-G 'Dr John' Daytona 1000 homologation special..bearing in mind the handling of those mounts ,my expectations for anything more than brisk straight line performance from a japanese brand were not of the highest order. In fact the 9 surprised me with it's 'crispness', power dilevery and superb braking..[ my absolute favourite pastime, besides seeing the needles hovering at the far end of their respective dials, is LATE BRAKING ] I must report, there the 9 still shines..especially when fitted with the excellent pads supplied by Carbone Lorraine. Add a few adjustments to it's chassis components and the bike comes positively alive, even when compared to those 'more modern' machines.

The every trusty ZX9R will carry me to Parry Sound, Ontario again for PSSBR... with it's sportbike camardarie and backroad delights...then onto Montreal and the maritimes [ with even more challenging backroads ] before heading back south to Florida, come july 2008. A journey of some 6-8,000 miles...all in 2 weeks time.

Anyone want to tag along on a 10R, CBR, R1 or Squidsuki..or even a 9 with extended swinging arm?
If I had the time, and resources I would love to tag along on my stretched 9, to show you that it's still suites my riding style and I can still throw it in curves.

No, it's not as agile as it was at stock hight and length but i can still put it through any of the curves around here as fast as I, myself, want to.

As a matter of fact, I rode last sunday with a good friend on mine on a R6, and one of a cbr600rr, and was pushing them through a sequel of 35mph S curves, Until I drug my lower fairing and decided it was best to keep my bike un scratched. fwiw, I was running the curves at ~110mph.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #20 (permalink)

That tire was put on since the bike has been stretched. Smaller chicken strips than 95% of all the non stretched bikes I see rolling around these areas.
Advertisement