'00 zx9r would like wiring diagram : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   ZX Forums > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-9R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
-B-

I Ride: '00 ZX9R

'00 zx9r would like wiring diagram

bought a 2000 zx9r for $700 the guy didnt know how to work on it. all it needs is a fuel pump and battery but i need a wire diagram i dont have money for a book
-B- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
-B-

Cool well i got my battery and found the fuel problem all it was was a connection between the igntion wire and fuel pump wire not connected fully so $700 for a 12,XXX mile perfect running 9 im so excited just need plastic for looks
Old 05-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

I Ride: 2008 CBR1000RR, 2000 ZX9r sold

Congrats and welcome. That's a great deal for sure.

Quote:
I much prefer being on 2 wheels, more maneuverable and quicker than the pack so I can snake through the stupid. --Shifty1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 185EZ View Post
So EZ, a caveman can do it.
rileydeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
-B-

Yeah I Just Got Done Puttin It Back Together I Ran It Around The Block Got Back To My Apt. And It Died So I Dont Know Im Stressed Out Im A Kawaski Grad. And This Is Really Buggin Me Need I Lil Help
Old 05-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well first I think you gotta narrow it down a little for us.
Does it crank over? If so does it crank over fast enough?
Does it have spark?
Is ther fuel in the carbs?
Could it be flooded? Pulling the plugs is a great way to tell.
Do you think your problem is still related to your wiring on the fuel pump?
I hope I am not overstating the obvious here, but we do need a little more to go on.

I should also add that the biggest problem anyone has with these bikes is carb related, as you will probably notice if you look at some of the threads here. If your bike has been sitting around for any length of time (and that's pretty likely since it only has 12,000 miles on it) then sooner or later you might want to plan on a thorough carb cleaning.

Anyway feel free to ask more questions, someone will help

Quote:
I much prefer being on 2 wheels, more maneuverable and quicker than the pack so I can snake through the stupid. --Shifty1
Quote:
Old 05-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
-B-

Yeah It Runs And Cranks Fine I Drove The Bike Around My Apartment And It Was Fine Then It Started To Cut Out Like Running Out Of Gas Then Realized The Fuel Petcock Was On Off So I Stopped And Turned The Bike Off And Flipped The Fuel On And Tried To Start And Then It Ran Untill I Roll The Thottle Maybe I Just Flooded It Well Ill Wait Then Give It Another Try Later The Guy I Bought It From Said He Just Had The Carbs Inspected And To Me It Looks Like The Carbs Are Well Maintained Really Clean But Thanks Hope We Can Stay In Touch Cause Im Gonna Throw Pics. Up Soon
Old 05-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
-B-

So Now I Try To Start It And It Back Fired So Im Just Gonna Buy A Book And Try All Over Again Things To Inspect And Replace Carbs, Spark Plugs, Valves Clearence Shims, Oil Change, Coolant Flush Just To Be Fresh,tires Brakes And Rotors, Change Brake Fluid, Cant Wait Big Project Any Suggestion On Tires And Brakes And Rotors??
Old 05-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
-B-

Took Off The Carbs And Made Some Calls I Didnt Know Float Needles Are So Exspensive They Look Clean And Fine But I Had A Flooding Issue So Should I Try Shimming Or And Other Suggestions??
Old 05-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

A lot of times you don't need to replace the needles, even if you have a flooding issue. It can be a simple matter of clean, inspect and set float level. And by all means, a good flush of the hoses and new fuel filter. Most times the flooding is caused by small particles getting between the needle and the seat and holding it open.

On the other hand new needle and seats can be good for peace of mind and I saw on here where somebody found a better price for them.

Shimming is for fine tuning and should probably wait until you see how it runs wihtout issues. JMO.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by rileydeed; 08-30-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
-B-

I Havent Replace The Needles Yet I Was Just Callin For Prices And The Coolant Flush Is Just For A Fresh Start

I Have Looked At 2 Carbs And The Needle And Seat Look Ok No Particles Or Dirt But On The Other 2 Carbs I Stripped One Screw On Each Of The Float Bowls This Sucks I Dont Know How To Fix It Im Stuck
Old 05-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
-B-

ok so i got alot of things ta do but the carbs have never been cleaned since 2000 cause the idle air screws still has the plugs in them so i have ta drill it out and clean the whole carbs and replace the float bowl gasket and any thing else that needs ta be replace

dealer labor cost 350 + parts crazy
Old 08-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

i can e mail it i have the 98 and 01 zx9
roysvett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

I Ride: ZX9R Streetfighter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -B- View Post
ok so i got alot of things ta do but the carbs have never been cleaned since 2000 cause the idle air screws still has the plugs in them so i have ta drill it out and clean the whole carbs and replace the float bowl gasket and any thing else that needs ta be replace

dealer labor cost 350 + parts crazy
Had same problem with my 1998 C1, sounds like the float needle valves need replacing. Check to see if it fires up ok with the fuel tank off as the fuel pump can't pump more fuel into the carbs and cause it to flood. Try to listen to see if the fuel pump makes a knocking noise when the ignition is turned on as it should pump then stop when the float valves are full....
capt.khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement