01 ZX9 ignition switch diagram : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   ZX Forums > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-9R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question 01 ZX9 ignition switch diagram

Hey guys, I am looking for an ignition switch wiring diagram for a 01 Zx9R. At least someone that can name the wire colors and what are they. Thanks

Last edited by zx9machine; 01-13-2009 at 09:11 AM.
zx9machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

I Ride: 04 zx10r, magma orange, akrapovic slip on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9machine View Post
Hey guys, I am looking for an ignition switch wiring diagram for a 01 Zx9R. At least someone that can name the wire colors and what are they. Thanks
you should be able to find sonething in the link below! let me know if it helps.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...s-2001/o/m4247
teese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Teese. I am trying not to have to buy the manual just for a few wires colors. All I am looking is for which wire is which at the ignition switch, just trying to save some time before having to text each one. I am installing an alarm in this weekend. Thanks for the link I am sure I will use it some other time.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

I Ride: zx900e1

ok, based on my book
brown IGN
white BAT
grey IGN
blue TL1
red TL2
white BAT
orange TL3

the first BAT wire connects the IGN BAT IGN when on the second BAT connects to TL3 when on. this is prolly due to construction of the switch, as the white wires are connected outside the switch.
the brown IGN goes to the fuse box, and the voltage regulator (alternator) the grey IGN wire goes to the ignition module.

hope this helps you
atleastitsnotaford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks atleastitsnotaford I ll let you know how it goes. I am working on it this Saturday. Thanks again
Old 02-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Did you figure out the spy alarm?
Signalxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

No I didn't I need to figure out which wire is the kill engine wire off the switch. Other than that the alarm is on, but I am not able to schut off the bike in case someone tries to drive away with it.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ok I am going to leave the thing alone until I decide not to be cheap and buy a manual. So far the alarm is on on its basics. It will arm, disarm and panic, but some of the additional features that I was working on as remote start and remote engine kill will not work. I got as far as getting it cranking, but it would not start and will blow the ignition fuse. I am ok the way it is right now, will let you all know when I figure out the rest. Thanks to all that reply to my adds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement