Which system is better, yoshi or termignoni?? - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Which system is better, yoshi or termignoni??

Hi everyone

I have 2 race systems here for my build + wondering which system makes better power

It's a J bike due to date regs but will be a built engine running wiseco or L pistons, balanced bottom end, head work, cams if I can source + fcr41's

Exhaust system choices are
Yoshi full
Termignoni high level full

It's on a build for classic TT on the Isle of man

Someone else has mentioned the yoshi is better but I realy like the steeper end can angle of the termignoni

Any input greatly appreciated

Cheers
James

Last edited by james66; 02-12-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:15 AM

I Ride: 2012 zx10R, 1996 zx9r

Termignoni makes a pipe for the zx7?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Yes, can still be bought new
When I say high level It's more like a steep angle like the ti muzzy systems

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 07:16 PM

I Ride: 1990 ZX-7 H2, 1992 ZX-7R K2, 1992 ZX-7/9, 2002 Ducati 900ie Supersport, etc...

Hi James,

Envious of your project and intentions...

As for which pipe to go and smoke, I'd suggest finding a dyno to see which one gives what curve and go from there. You're looking for every reliable pony you can make so finances allowing, it will be worth your time with the added benefit of knowing your combination is fully optimized.

You mentioned you're planning on some head work, etc. so considering the fact that you are going to be deviating from OEM trim, you are entering the unknown. Unless the pipes are full race and were bent with race mods in mind, they were tuned for a basically stock motor with a jet kit.

Both Yosh and Termi are known to make positive power changes so short of the dyno option, I'd say go with what you like aesthetically and in this case the Termi may give you a bit more ground clearance. I had a Sudco (OEM'ed by Hindle) standard height on my L1 I short circuit raced and in severe right handers would only just get into the front edge of the silencer, and that was after the bodywork was already skimming the ground. Not much risk of a high center, but maybe beneficial to have one less thing fighting for your attention with the addition of some more ground clearance.

My .02p

Best of luck with the build and the TT man.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 11:55 AM

I have a full titanium termignoni system for sale...only problem is it comes with the bike......zxr750J1 track bike with day time mot 1500 :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page