extending my zx6. please help. : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   ZX Forums > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-6R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

I Ride: 07' ZX6R

Question extending my zx6. please help.

Can anyone tell me what size or style chain I need to get if I extend my zx6 6 inches? Please help me I found someone to add the extension but they want to sale the chain as well but I want to search fand get a better understanding. Thanks guys.
javonkawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

I Ride: 2008 Nitro ZX6R Ninja, ZX12R

reason for extending? Drag Racing? Show? Looks? Bigger Tire? Nitrous? any real reason to doing this?

New Toy Hauler: http://www.zxforums.com/forums/gener...oy-hauler.html
MegaBytesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes. Im adding a lot of color to it and im painting just about everything on it green and milk white and adding a muffler. Plus I don't want to do anymore wheelies like I did in september. Lol.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

I Ride: 2006 ZX6R 2006 ZX10R (sold) 2008 GSXR 600 (R.I.P) 2000 ZX12R(R.I.P) 2008 ZX10R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonkawasaki View Post
Yes. Im adding a lot of color to it and im painting just about everything on it green and milk white and adding a muffler. Plus I don't want to do anymore wheelies like I did in september. Lol.
Wheelies? it isnt like you ride a liter bike....
ztaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

I Ride: Diablo Black 07 ZX-14

extensions are a whole new game, specially for a 6. I think u might want to reconsider this. It will affect the bike's handling and u will have to redo the whole suspension, not to mention the big possibility of cracking stuff like your oil pan...

SIR ZULU CAGER HATIN, GUN TOTIN, ELBOW SCRAPIN SLAB SLUT OF ZXF
ZuluNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Zhaft I don't get it. I popped a wheelie for real. I knew how post pictures I will show u want happened to me. But I didn't know I could bust the oil pan.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaft View Post
Wheelies? it isnt like you ride a liter bike....
I don't get it Lol.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

I Ride: 2009 ZX6R

Javon.... I ride a 600. And honestly... you REALLY have to try to wheelie on it. I can pin my throttle all the way until it stops turning and redline every gear and maybe see an inch or two of air under the front wheel. And that's in like... 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears.

Extending the swingarm on a 600 for that reason alone is kind of lame. Since it's not all that easy to just see the front wheel pop into the air.

Best way to not wheelie on a 600 is to not clutch it up. Maybe you're revving the engine a little much between shifts and that's casuing these wheelies?

I'm stumped. Still.... don't do that to your 600. Unless you like being laughed at when you go to bike night.. lol.

WINNER - Ride Of The Month - September 2014

~ Visit My YouTube Channel ~
Powergroove75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

I Ride: 2006 ZX6R 2006 ZX10R (sold) 2008 GSXR 600 (R.I.P) 2000 ZX12R(R.I.P) 2008 ZX10R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powergroove75 View Post
javon.... I ride a 600. And honestly... You really have to try to wheelie on it. I can pin my throttle all the way until it stops turning and redline every gear and maybe see an inch or two of air under the front wheel. And that's in like... 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears.

Extending the swingarm on a 600 for that reason alone is kind of lame. Since it's not all that easy to just see the front wheel pop into the air.

Best way to not wheelie on a 600 is to not clutch it up. Maybe you're revving the engine a little much between shifts and that's casuing these wheelies?

i'm stumped. Still.... Don't do that to your 600. Unless you like being laughed at when you go to bike night.. Lol.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

I Ride: 2008 ZX-6R Special Edition

Dude it's your bike so do what you want. If you wanna stretch it for any reason then go for it. Just because a couple of people might think it's pointless or dumb and crap doesn't matter because it isn't their bike.

I'm guessing that he probably does clutch it up to do wheelies on purpose because he found it fun. And now to keep from getting in trouble he might want to extend it to keep himself out of trouble.

Not sure how stretching it is going to cause the oil pan to crack. Only way I can see that the oil pan would crack is if he lowered the bike while stretching it. Even then the only way it would crack is if he didn't pay attention to the road and hit a dip or something that actually causes the oil pan to hit the road. Unless I'm just not thinking of something then please feel free to explain.

Yes you do obviously need to get a chain because the stock one or which ever one on the bike now isn't long enough. Not sure how many links you will need to do it but you can use a 520 chain. When putting a new chain on the bike you will also want to look at your sprockets. It's usually a good idea to change them as well depending on how much wear and tear is on them. If the sprockets have a lot of miles then they can cause the chain to wear out before normal.

current mods:Well this sucks, I can't list all my mods because there isn't enough room in the signature area. BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
greddytc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Forum Leaders

I Ride: 2008 ZX-10R

Stretched 600 ?

Stretching any supersport bike that isnt being used for drag never made any sense to me... Saying your scared of the 600 wheeling is a reason to stretch it is a bit strange. As you do have to put quite a bit of effort in to powerwheelie a 600. If your stretching it to stop yourself from wheeling why not just stop wheeling instead ?

The 600 is meant to handle turns like a stripper handles the pole - smooth and tight. Stretching the 600 just takes all the fun out of it.

Yes it is your bike so do what you want and enjoy it!
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

I Ride: 09 zx6r Monster

Stretched 600's just look butt ugly man. If you're into that kind of look get a Hayabusa or ZX-14. I had a zx14 and you really had to be careful pinning the throttle. I have had my zx6r come up a few inches in first but I think you'd really have to try to 12 o clock it.
'99 ZX9R Kawasaki green-Sold
Proud to be riding my fourth Ninja!
Oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Forum Leaders

I Ride: 2008 ZX-10R

Just take a look at how much of a loser this guy is:

Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahhahhah a point and laugh kids
Old 02-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

awww shit he is from North Carolina this sickens me
Old 02-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

I Ride: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by greddytc05 View Post
Dude it's your bike so do what you want. If you wanna stretch it for any reason then go for it. Just because a couple of people might think it's pointless or dumb and crap doesn't matter because it isn't their bike.
Nobody told him he couldn't do anything to his bike.

Quote:
I'm guessing that he probably does clutch it up to do wheelies on purpose because he found it fun. And now to keep from getting in trouble he might want to extend it to keep himself out of trouble.
Read his post again. It's easy to not wheelie.... it's called... don't wheelie. I do it all the time and don't even think about it. Really simple... just don't wheelie! woo hoo! I'm a genius!

Quote:
Not sure how stretching it is going to cause the oil pan to crack.
Speed bump? Don't go over it slow or at the right angle and BANG! Cracked phuckin' pan man. But you're right that it might only be a problem if it's lowered.

Quote:
Only way I can see that the oil pan would crack is if he lowered the bike while stretching it. Even then the only way it would crack is if he didn't pay attention to the road and hit a dip or something that actually causes the oil pan to hit the road. Unless I'm just not thinking of something then please feel free to explain.

Again... Greddy... nobody is telling him what to do with his bike. Most are simply curious as to WHY someone would want to extend the swingarm on a 600. Extend away...

WINNER - Ride Of The Month - September 2014

~ Visit My YouTube Channel ~
Powergroove75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

I Ride: B1 ZX12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636BlueBeast View Post
Just take a look at how much of a loser this guy is:

you must have linked the wrong picture

Edit: The lack of gear scares me but the bike, eh, not shabby.
------------------------------------------------
Valve clearance - checked @ 40k mi
Pirelli Angels GT - installed @ 40.5k mi
New Chain/Sprocket - installed @ 41.1k mi
------------------------------------------------
'Let it do damage like they said it would if given chance' - Chevelle, "Mexican Sun"

I don't like tickets/ keep my speed low/ so slow they gotta ignore it - Rocko 'U.O.E.N.O.' (paraphrased)
D-CON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Its all good guys! I really appreciate all the comments. That dude did look kinda of silly. Lol. I wasn't ggoing to do it that far maybe 6 inches. Im not to sure on how bad I want to do that. Once I put the muffler on and powder coat my rims, levers and vortex footpegs. Im going to see if extending it will be a good idea. I will post the story up later on why I want to do it. I know everyone is curious. Lol it will say zx6 STORY.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

I Ride: 06 ZX-6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powergroove75 View Post
Javon.... I ride a 600. And honestly... you REALLY have to try to wheelie on it. I can pin my throttle all the way until it stops turning and redline every gear and maybe see an inch or two of air under the front wheel. And that's in like... 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears.

I'm stumped. Still.... don't do that to your 600. Unless you like being laughed at when you go to bike night.. lol.
on my bike anything more than half throttle in 1st gear even at a 5mph roll and i go right up into a power wheelie, jumps to about 11 o clock with out even trying
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Kawi's are for those who perform...not conform!
NachtKrieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtKrieger View Post
on my bike anything more than half throttle in 1st gear even at a 5mph roll and i go right up into a power wheelie, jumps to about 11 o clock with out even trying
Daaam. Man you looked just like I did when I did mines like that. Lol. Not funny but se both fixing our bikes after a dam wheelie. 2000 grand already and im not done yet.
you have to teach me how to use photo bucket so i can post my pictures. Sorry about the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement