power commander 3/5 VS bazzaz Z-fi : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   ZX Forums > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-6R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

I Ride: 2005 ZX-6R 636

power commander 3/5 VS bazzaz Z-fi

hey what's up everyone. I searched around for a comparison thread but didn't find any results. I have an 05 636 with a yoshi rs-5 slip on that I am going to upgrade to a full akra race system.( I would love the evo system but the bank is super tight right about now. And on top of it baby #2 has just arrived- 2 boys!!!!NICE!). With my only other performance mods being a k&n filter and the jumper mod, I know that the best performance increase will be achieved with a tune.

My question is how do I decide which is the best choice for my bike? I know of so many people that have pc3's and swear by them. But I haven't met anyone with a zx6 and a bazzaz unit that can give me any input. I haven't done much research so forgive any ignorance please, just trying to learn and since I've joined I have already picked up a world of knowledge from everyone.
Any info is good info, thanks
Justin
SPEE-Zx636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

I Ride: 08 ZX10R

Call the guys at sportbiketrackgear they sell them and they claim they don't sell anything thy don't use themselves so I am sure they could assist you.

08 Kawi Green 10-R
Puig Clear Z Racing Windscreen
Comp Werkes Fender Eliminator
Stomp Grip
Renthal Dual Compound Kevlar Grips
CRG Shorty Brake, Standard Clutch
BMC Race Filter
Competition Werkes Race Pipe
Akropovic Link Pipe
Sato Frame Sliders
Attack Performance Stator Protector
Woodcraft Case Saver
Gafler Superbike lines F/R Motul 600
Lucas Oil Full Synth
Bridgestone BT003 190-55-17, 120-70-17
2WheelWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

I Ride: 2009 ZX-6R

My brother tried the Bazazz on his 07 ZX6R. After a month he sold it and went back to the PC. He had alot of little problems with it.
JuicedZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

I Ride: 'o5 Widowmaker

One of our members, ironically named "kawiforlife" has a GSXR 600 with the Bazzaz, and I'm pretty sure he'll never go back to PC. He tracks the bike, and raved about it- particularly the traction control option.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelWillie View Post
Call the guys at sportbiketrackgear they sell them and they claim they don't sell anything thy don't use themselves so I am sure they could assist you.
i have purchased from them before, calling them up isnt a bad idea thanks.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedZX6R View Post
My brother tried the Bazazz on his 07 ZX6R. After a month he sold it and went back to the PC. He had alot of little problems with it.
hey juiced what kind of problems did he say i you dont mind
Old 07-26-2010, 12:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

I Ride: 08 ZX6R, 06 ZX636

The reason nobody has a Bazzaz Z-Fi on their 636 is because it doesn't fit.
RidnWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

I Ride: '09 ZX-6R Monster Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelWillie View Post

They aren't far from where I live, I have been there several times and the staff there is great, and their recommendations have been spot on. They are as good on the phone as they are in person. Give them a call.
SGTJimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

i have spoken to them on the phone before when i bout my spiegler brake lines and brake pads. they were very informative and thorough. thanks for the advise i will give them a call.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

ive heard nothing but good things about the bazzaz until now. pc3 is a good product as well.
CALI WHORE REP
oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

I have a bazzaz zfi unit currently on my 07 zx6r and I love the damn thing. it is great. I am actually upgrading to put a tc qs unit with the zafm on tomorrow.
andreas27s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

I Ride: 03 674 & 07 ZX10

Havent had much experience with the Bazzaz but haven't found anyone running it that really liked it. Why doesn't anybody look into or mention the rapid bike setup. For roughly a little more than a basic PC you get so much more options for tuning and much more precise than the PC is and you don't need all the add-on modules like you do with the PC. I would have it on mine if the model for my year would hold two maps like the 05+ models do. Just my 0.02
Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

I Ride: 08 ZX6R, 06 ZX636

Wifey has one on her 08 6R and we love it. If it was possible, I'd have one on my 06 636 also but like I wrote earlier, it doesn't fit.

For anyone else considering this comparison, here's the long-short: The PC is easier but the Z-Fi is better.

RidnWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidnWB View Post
Wifey has one on her 08 6R and we love it. If it was possible, I'd have one on my 06 636 also but like I wrote earlier, it doesn't fit.

For anyone else considering this comparison, here's the long-short: The PC is easier but the Z-Fi is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6s_MA4OyXs

Ridnwb_ that was a great clip, not only does it not fit they dont even make one for the 636! i was pissed when i found out. so my pc3 and gnition module are on the way. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636_Jackel View Post
Havent had much experience with the Bazzaz but haven't found anyone running it that really liked it. Why doesn't anybody look into or mention the rapid bike setup. For roughly a little more than a basic PC you get so much more options for tuning and much more precise than the PC is and you don't need all the add-on modules like you do with the PC. I would have it on mine if the model for my year would hold two maps like the 05+ models do. Just my 0.02
Jackel what is the rapid bike setup, never heard of it.
Factory Pro Velocity Stacks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement