zx14 slightly stretched and lowered pics : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   ZX Forums > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-14 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

zx14 slightly stretched and lowered pics

stretched my 14 by 6" and lowered 1" front 1 1/2" rear. debating if i should stretch another 2 inches. thanks for the feed back
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 04:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

I Ride: 2008 ZX-14 M.S. Blue

A 6 over stretch looks good on the 14's. I am not a fan of lowering. They run hotter and you have to worry about tearing up the oil pan drain. Also, watch the rear end. With the leverage of the stretch and lowering, it will be easy for the tire to tear up the undertail.
Jus Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

I Ride: '04 Fully Farkled Yamaha FJR1300 & '08 Custom Blinged Kawasaki ZX14R

Objectively speaking... I wouldn't go any more than 4-ish inches on the stretch with the stock tire. I even tried a 200 and at 6", it just didn't look right. IMHO.
Monroe Motorcycle Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wouldn't go any longer. looks good like that. ok, why would it run hotter?
ninja11zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

I Ride: 07' ZX-14, 93' FJ1200 and your Mama

I've lowered mine 1.5 in the front and about the same in the rear with the Yanashiki Links and have noticed no cooling problems aside from the normal hot condition at idle in traffic, That said I have bottomed out in a parking lot but it was my mistake had a girl on back playing touchy feely with the twig and berries and didnt see the low spot in the parking lot where the drain was hit pretty hard couldnt avoid it with her on the back (she felt pretty bad about it even made it worth my while)

Dont go to far with it it will look a bit odd IMHO
BlueBomber14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

I Ride: ZX14.

not my cuppa but it does look good.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

I Ride: 2008ZX14

Looks awesome I want to stretch mine the same I have an 08 14 silver. Looks great
rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

I Ride: 2009 Concours, 2008 ZX 14, BMW R1200C, 2009 650R

Your bike looks great. I can see that it has been stretched but I can't really see in the pictures that it has been lowered. I would love to have my bike about 1" closer to the ground (or have 1" longer legs) How do you go about lowering a ZX14? I looked at several web sites but none of them made ant sense to me. Did you install some sort of a lowering appliance or did you do something to the suspension? And, please, no suggestions about wearing high heels - I've already tried them and I don't like the attention I get from the other guys who wear them.

War, violence and insult are the last refuge of the incompetent.
gnique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

I Ride: 2007 ZX10R SE

i wanne know why do you guys stretch the bikes? to me it looks like shit. is there any advantages?
CUCULANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

[QUOTE=CUCULANDRA;100551]i wanne know why do you guys stretch the bikes? to me it looks like shit. is there any advantages?[/

When drag rac!ng. fast take off !s cruc!al. th!s b!ke @ stock w/b, on a hard take off w!ll wheel!e unt!l !t fl!ps. stretch!ng w!ll stop the front from l!ft!ng.
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

I Ride: 07' ZX-14, 93' FJ1200 and your Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnique View Post
Your bike looks great. I can see that it has been stretched but I can't really see in the pictures that it has been lowered. I would love to have my bike about 1" closer to the ground (or have 1" longer legs) How do you go about lowering a ZX14? I looked at several web sites but none of them made ant sense to me. Did you install some sort of a lowering appliance or did you do something to the suspension? And, please, no suggestions about wearing high heels - I've already tried them and I don't like the attention I get from the other guys who wear them.
To lower the bike you remove the rear links (you'll find them on both sides of the rear shock) and replace with any number of aftermarket adjustable type links some have three or four predrilled holes others like the very expensive but nice Brocks units are slide adjustable and have graduated markings on them. the front can be pulled down with straps that connect to the brake caliper mounting locations and then to the frame at the handelbars or like I and others have down loosen the front fork mounts and lower the bike on the forks (or raise the forks in the clamps?) to the desired height the second method will give you somewhere close to 1 1/2" give or take before you start to bottom out. It pays to stiffen your compresion dampening abit also to keep from burning up your inner rear fender and consiqeuntly your ass and banging up the front fender.
BlueBomber14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #12 (permalink)

I Ride: 08 ZX14 Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUCULANDRA View Post
i wanne know why do you guys stretch the bikes? to me it looks like shit. is there any advantages?
I know everybody is intitled to their own opinions and I respect yours but in this day and era lowered, wide in the back and streched is bad ass especially when ur ridding a 14 or a Hayabusa. Welcome to 2008!
Muzzys M-14 megaphone exhaust, lowering links, adjustable stand, 6 blade aluminum fan, fender eliminator, BMC race filter, Dyno jet power comander, -1 front +2 rear Vortex sprockets, EK 530 gold chain, Galfer stainless brake lines, Roaring Toys swingarm extensions, Chrome wheels wraped on Corsa 3's

Rest In Peace To My Fallen Warriors Gone But Never Forgotten. One Love, Heavens Newest Angels.
Andres "Andy" Camacho III 6/9/06
Jason Santos 6/15/08
Daniel Benvenutti 7/15/08
r1 daveone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

My 14 is turning into a cruiser a little at a time but my ZRX1200 is lowered and extended. It also has a little over 150 rwhp with tq in the lower mid 90's. If it was not stretched it would be sky time all the time. I would rather the back tire break loose thand doing a stand up. It also now corners like a train. I keep looking back to see if the rear is still following me.
lytnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Wicked man. Let me know how it Corners!
abrooksku is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement