Looking for oem cush drive - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Looking for oem cush drive

Hi guys. Greetings from india. I am new to the 12r forums and soon going to be a proud owner of a 03 zx12r. The bike has around 11k miles on it but i am stuck with something . The motorcycle that i am looking at has couple of problems and i have searched every forum but couldn't find the solution to the first one.

1. The cush drive
The rear sprocket has a slight play. I am suspecting a faulty cush drive and as the owner is telling me it is the same i believe in him as i know him from a long time and he kept the bike in good shape. But i am not able to find a new one anywhere over the internet. I am new to everything related to the 12r soo i dont know where to look at. Which websites provide the quality products. I dont know shit about any part number or how to look for them. Waiting to get the bike handed over to me and the first thing i want to fix is the cush drive. Soo any help would be appreciated.

2. Faulty fuel gauge.
I have looked on this forum and found one post regarding that and once i get the motorcycle i'll follow the steps and look for the fault asap.

But i want to know each and every thing about the motorcycle. Like the the faults i'll be dealing with in near future any common issues with the specific 03 model . Soo kindly help with the owner experiences.

Thanks
Jaybee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 04:56 AM

I Ride: '07 ZX-14

Bike Bandit.com

Ron Ayers Motorsports.com

Cheap Cycle Parts .com

I'm sure there are others, but all have microfiche parts lists with prices and numbers. If they won't ship to India, at least you will know what you're looking for. Cush drive rubbers shouldn't be too expensive.

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/...9317#sch299485

2nd to last part listed at the bottom of the page:

Damper, shock RR hub part #92161 BB p/n 876321 $20+shipping

It may be a pig, but it's a pig with a rocket in it's ass!

Last edited by Hammerhead; 01-08-2016 at 05:01 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot brother for the cush drive link. This will solve a lot of my problems regarding parts. I also own a 1996 Mercedes e220 (w124) and there are soo many different forms to search about anything regarding the vehicle. But with 12r there is very limited number of info available over the net and even members are not that active. This will be my first jump from a 200cc single cylinder to a 1200cc inline 4 soo i am very concerned that if any problems occurs mechanically or electric i can rectify the culprit asap. Any other forums i can try?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 07:52 AM

I Ride: Blue 9C2, 12B4

Cush drive rubbers don't last long before you end up with a little play in there. What I do is stick a small square piece of bicycle inner tube on the back stop in the wheel. 1.5 cm by 1 cm. This will get ride of the slack and works well.

What is the problem with the fuel gauge, is it giving no reading or inaccurate readings?

Most of these problems have been seen and fixed at http://kawasakiworld.com/zx-12

Other things to look for are oil coming out of the plugs going the the voltage regulator. This is also well documented on the above web site.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

@yorkie
I have already ordered the cush drive. But for the time being i'll be doing the same as mentioned by you.

And thanks for the other forum. I have also joined that. But the fuel gauge is giving inaccurate readings. I dont have the bike with me right now. I'll take the delivery on Monday or Tuesday.. So i'll post a video of it. Soo we can look for the culprit then.

And i am looking for a lot of upgrades
1. Front brakes (Totally new setup)
2. Power commander
3. New tail (cbr 1000 or the one i can fit)

But i am waiting soo eagerly for the motorcycle. I'll take the fairing off and then clean the whole setup. But the brakes and the fuel gauge is my main concern.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page