Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Intended to post these pics earlier..

6K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  WillZX14 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought this 96 ZX-11 in February with 17000 km on it (10,xxx miles), have put just about 3000 on it since. Bought it from the original owner, he put less than 1000k on it per year.

I have been riding an 89 ZX-10 for the last 3 years and once this came up for sale I had to pick it up.

Truly is an awesome machine, just wish it wasn't so damn heavy.

This is the ZX-10 it is replacing. Can't bring myself to sell this, it really is super reliable and way faster than necessary. I always thought this was heavy until I rode the 11.

54000 Km ( 33500 miles ) and still going strong.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes it is dang heavy. Pretty bike, I have a 1996 in the same Luminous Windsor Green. Mine has about the same, 19,647 miles on it, on it yours does. The guy that had mine had a bit of it chromed but it's still stock otherwise. Congrats on the acquisition. That's a nice example of a ZX10 also!

#22 ·
Claude, I removed mine, but I haven't posted any pictures yet -- a little afraid... And I hate to admit I'm not sure if it's the total improvement I wanted. My bike is the dark purple color, so this whole area kind of washes out and loses detail now. The decal helped to highlight the large side cowlings.

However, not totally unhappy either. With the top case I added and some nice looking saddlebags I picked up, I have the sport tourer "look" I was going for.

#6 ·
I love zx11! It could never be too heavy :smile

#25 ·
That rack is from Rentec. It's good for a 12 pack of beer nothing more. I had the case on for a summer hardly carried anything in it and it broke. If you get 1 don't put a case on it just strap stuff on. Not too heavy either. I also bought 1 for my ZRX1100 and it was cracked by the time the 1 on my ZX11 broke. Each didn't last the summer using the case for light grocery shopping. I didn't even get to use it for a trip. I now have 1 made for the case on my ZRX1100. Found it on Twisted Throttle. They don't make the luggage 1 for the ZX11 anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.