Air box problems - ZX Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Air box problems

Okay. So I came onto a 91 zx 11 as a project bike. It had sat for about 5 years. And was previously used as a drag bike. I have cleaned the rust out of the gas tank. New battery. New spark plugs. Sprayed some carb cleaner through holes in the air box and added some seafoam to the gas tank. Got it to fire up and it will only run with choke on. And if the throttle is pulled at all it will rev up and then bog out. So I'm assuming it's carb problems. I have everything broken down except I can't get the stinking air box off. There is the one external nut on the right side of the bike. Need help on what I'm missing to get it off??? Thanks. In advance for your knowledge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:26 PM

I Ride: 1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-11C

I assuming the 91 box is the same as my 90 air box but did you take out the rubber plugs and look inside to see brass looking bolts that hold the air box on?

Life's a ride........that's why I ride Kawasaki!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 03:36 AM

I Ride: ZX11d Current... had 1984 GPz1100

I wouldn't run it until the carbs are removed and cleaned... if it sat for that long, they need cleaning without doubt... like above, remove the plugs in air box and look for bolts that you can get to through the hole where the plug was...

good luck

Johnny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page