2008 ZX10R Traction Control - Page 2 : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   ZX Forums > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-10R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

I Ride: 06 ZX-10, 04 ZX-12, 06 ZX-14 UPDATE: ZX-12 totaled by drunk driver... now own 2008 ZX-10 and soon will own a KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy_zxrr View Post
yeah dont think it will be that helpful for the drag racers?
Well, actually, rev spikes like prior to launching will not activate the system. It requires input from other sensors. No wheel speed sensors are in this system. It reads information from gear position, throttle position and vehicle speed before any action is taken by the ECU. So.... drag racers need not worry. The thing you need to worry about is that this bike was not built for dragracing, it was built to race on a real track.
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #22 (permalink)

I Ride: 06 ZX-10, 04 ZX-12, 06 ZX-14 UPDATE: ZX-12 totaled by drunk driver... now own 2008 ZX-10 and soon will own a KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdankenb View Post
i too am all for it... I think they added too cause the ama says that you can only use it if the production bike has it ( or did the superbike already have it?)... Since they need to beat the susies next year, this was a step toward that...

I wonder if the wheel spin/torque sensor is somehow integrated with a lean angle sensor? then they could turn it off for burn outs :)
AMA has nothing to do with the influencing the design of a production bike.....
PERIOD!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #23 (permalink)

I Ride: 2012 ZX10R Superbike

vulture, no i meant that the reason kawi put it on is so the ama would allow the teams to use it in competition.... :)
kdankenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 AM   #24 (permalink)

I Ride: 1997 ZX-9R

tc is wrong but not as bad as vultures holier-than-hell attitude.
oldgreenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdankenb View Post
vulture, no i meant that the reason kawi put it on is so the ama would allow the teams to use it in competition.... :)
I see, said the blind man........ sorry if I sounded like a prik
Old 11-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgreenmachine View Post
tc is wrong but not as bad as vultures holier-than-hell attitude.
Whatever dude! Your picture shows what kind of rider you are....
but everyone is entitled to an opinion..... even you
Old 11-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

i dont think it will be problem for the better drag racers but i think te newbes will have problems. and i really dont think too many bikes are made for drag racing exept maybe the busa and 14 but just bout all of them get dragged.
eazy_zxrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

I Ride: Something Really Fast

just for a little update....cycle worlds mag this month has a nice big article about the 08ZX10....and its all about the traction control....thatll give u a really good idea what they are working with....

its actually the cover story...just a shame the bike isnt pretty...neither is the honda....ugh....theres a review on the 08CBR1000RR in there as well....

2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10: GP shift ,Open Muzzie Header, Kawi Genuine Cams 310 Duation/9.7 lift, PCIII, ATRE, pirelli supercorsa diablo's, K&N, vortex Rearsets, +2 rear sprocket, puig DB smoke screen
QuietFlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:42 AM   #29 (permalink)

I Ride: 2007 ZX10R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietFlight View Post
just for a little update....cycle worlds mag this month has a nice big article about the 08ZX10....and its all about the traction control....thatll give u a really good idea what they are working with....

its actually the cover story...just a shame the bike isnt pretty...neither is the honda....ugh....theres a review on the 08CBR1000RR in there as well....
Just read the article over the weekend. Very insightful and it shed some light on the what/how of the traction control loaded on the '08 ZX10. I would recommended everyone to get or borrow a copy to read up on it. Someone posted in this forum an aftermarket traction control module being sold for about $1000 for bikes that didn't have one. Steep IMO. I'd rather go...

Ducky: Honey...the new '08 ZX10 is coming out and they made it a lot safer by adding traction control on it.

Ducky's Wife: Really?!

Ducky: Yeah! They actually have a full blown article on it. Look!

Ducky's Wife: Oh wow! Do you want to trade in yours for the this one?

**Recovered** 2007 ZX10R SE - Akra Twin TI Bolt-ons, PCIII, K&N Filter, LSL Frame Sliders, Competion Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit, PUIG Dark Smoke Windscreen, GIPRO w/ATRE, Galfer SS Braided Lines & EBC HH Brake Pads (Front & Rear), Modified Stock Ohlins Steering Damper by Kyle Racing USA, CRG Levers
DuckyZX10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyZX10R View Post
Just read the article over the weekend. Very insightful and it shed some light on the what/how of the traction control loaded on the '08 ZX10. I would recommended everyone to get or borrow a copy to read up on it. Someone posted in this forum an aftermarket traction control module being sold for about $1000 for bikes that didn't have one. Steep IMO. I'd rather go...

Ducky: Honey...the new '08 ZX10 is coming out and they made it a lot safer by adding traction control on it.

Ducky's Wife: Really?!

Ducky: Yeah! They actually have a full blown article on it. Look!

Ducky's Wife: Oh wow! Do you want to trade in yours for the this one?

HA!! That's funny!!! It actually worked with my wife. I'm trading my 06 ZX10 in for the 08!!!! I went to houston this weekend to see it and go for a test ride. Totally different bike (100% better), a serious Gixer killer! I would post pics, but not sure how to do it on here.
Advertisement