zx10r (06-07) ecu flashing question/s? : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   ZX Forums > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-10R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

zx10r (06-07) ecu flashing question/s?

Just gathering information at present, but basically my question is on information regarding the 21175-0079 ECU, Im looking for software relating to the architecture of the ECU, what its specifications may be, if it even runs CAM/RAM architecture etc

hoping to have a stab at flashing the unit evenutally,

cheers for the help in advance
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

I Ride: 08 ZX6R

Just out of curiousity, how would you even go about flashing a bike ecu? On my 08 zx6r (which I presume has a similiar ecu architecture), i don't find anything in the way of a data port.

I've actually been rather curious about doing this as I would not only be interested in doing this as well, but would also like to disable the faults for the exhaust servo and for the secondary throttle plates WITHOUT having to buy the resistor packs. Would also be interested if it could also have a program to calibrate the speed sensor.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

I Ride: 2008 ZX-10R Streetfighter

ghul motors does ecu flashes and for extra gives you a cable to hook it up to your pc and tinker with it.
CF FrontFender, LP CF Sliders+Spools, CF HeelGaurds,
BMC Filter, CRG BarEnd Mirrors
ZXRANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTED View Post
Just out of curiousity, how would you even go about flashing a bike ecu? On my 08 zx6r (which I presume has a similiar ecu architecture), i don't find anything in the way of a data port.

I've actually been rather curious about doing this as I would not only be interested in doing this as well, but would also like to disable the faults for the exhaust servo and for the secondary throttle plates WITHOUT having to buy the resistor packs. Would also be interested if it could also have a program to calibrate the speed sensor.
reading and writing is easy,as long as you have the proper interface hardware it can be done thru the harness plug. However the software to access the bin file and the map locations within that are not so easy.

For those of you that would like, we offer the reflashed ecus for all years of the zx10 up to and including the 11

We also offer a race conversion of your ecu that does everything the factory race ecu does, and includes the software,the cables, AND the base reflash for way less than the factory setup
dynotronics1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Im interested in reflashing the ECU via cable and software, this process can be slow and painstaking but i was willing to give it a crack anyway, but i was under the impression Guhl would want my ECU and would do the reflashing for me? thus not enabling me to reflash my own ECU as i saw fit?

if you are telling me they have relased the software/cable and more importantly, the firmware files...where do i sign??

thanks alot for your help
Old 03-25-2011, 08:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
Im interested in reflashing the ECU via cable and software, this process can be slow and painstaking but i was willing to give it a crack anyway, but i was under the impression Guhl would want my ECU and would do the reflashing for me? thus not enabling me to reflash my own ECU as i saw fit?

if you are telling me they have relased the software/cable and more importantly, the firmware files...where do i sign??

thanks alot for your help
Nope, we do not offer a cable and the software, but we do offer the race conversion, along with the best performance file you can get for the zx10. Our new 2011 test bike just did a pull over 200 hp with a full exhaust
Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Now thats impressive.

how much is this service?

and from what your saying i assume you wont allow us to remap the ecu ourselves?

thank you for your help,
G
Old 03-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
Now thats impressive.

how much is this service?

and from what your saying i assume you wont allow us to remap the ecu ourselves?

thank you for your help,
G
400.00 plus shipping with "touchups" if you make any changes in the bike, and can send us data( dyno sheets w/ lambda), included as long as you own the bike
Old 03-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

I Ride: 06 zx10r

Just shipped out the ecu out of my 2006 zx10 and I should get it back soon. The bike will be on the dyno on either Saturday or Monday so we will really see how good the flash really is. As soon as the bike is off the dyno I will post some pics and a before and after video.
jx9i is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement