06 zx10 wheelies? - Page 2 : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   ZX Forums > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-10R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

I Ride: 07 Kawasaki ZX-10R

Get an F4I or a Suzuki.....great throw away bikes.
bluedevil10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #22 (permalink)

the stagger clutch wheellie is the way to go man. u can get to the ballance point way quicker. and ur not goin so fast. i got mine down to 50-60 mph instead of the 100 mph power wheelies. i ride the same bike. but i noticed if i run more than 25psi my rear end spins alot b4 it comes up.

take ur time on it and b carefull.
trez1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #23 (permalink)

I Ride: 09 Monster ZX14

arnt power wheelies for squids anyway i can clutch up anything if i try i clutched up a scooter the other day no bounce or anything i clutch my 08 zx10 up in all the first 4 gears easy as pie i dont know what i take it to rpm wise but i just full throttle and clutch in then clutch out very quickly and it comes right up and here is a perfect example of it
listen to how he does it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb8hXhpIdAE
Ratfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #24 (permalink)

I Ride: 09 Monster ZX14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIL3...eature=related
another
Ratfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

I Ride: 'o5 Widowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratfink View Post
arnt power wheelies for squids anyway i can clutch up anything if i try
Of course you can. Because it's EASIER to clutch up, anything can pop a wheelie if you clutch it. It takes a bike with balls to power it up without the clutch, and the only thing squids do on those bikes is get themselves killed.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #26 (permalink)

I Ride: ZX-6R ('08)

I thought at 250 that wheelies was impossible and really couldn't care less if it stood up or not, but a '08 ZX6R loves to lift regardless of what you do. Stoppies surprises are even worst. And in each instance, it was a surprise, balls up and tucked away and no, I didn't have a chance to cover the rear brake hence the oh sh** I'm going down. Lucky for me, no one was around and I was able to "Scott" damper save the bike. Looked stupid yes, bike down, no.
KiMO Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #27 (permalink)

Dude I can wheelie my ZZR 600 from almost a dead stop all the way to the top of 3rd, which is well over 100 MPH.

My 636 powers itself up in 1st and 2nd..

So you should be able to get the front end up somehow with all that extra power.

I recommend what was mentioned above:

Try powering it up and get used to the feeling of the front end coming up before you even mess with clutching up. You are going to feel like the bike is standing straight up when in reality you only have the front tire maybe a foot or so off the ground. Once you get used to it you will start raising it higher and higher.

After a while, once you are comfortable with the bike on one wheel, then try clutching up...starting with just getting the front up a little. Then try a little more, then a little more. It takes a while to get to the balance point and actually, truly being comfortable just riding along with the bike up that high.

After a while you wont be scared of it at all and you'll probably be riding wheelies everywhere and have a drawer full of tickets, like me lol. If Im just running down the street to get a pack of smokes...You can be 99% sure I'll be on the back wheel most of the way lol.

Basically, practice powering up, get used to it. Then baby steps with the clutch-ups, and after a while you will be able to row through the gears on the back wheel like it aint shit.
stone4779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

I Ride: 06 zx10r baby!!!

Ive finally got the bike up in second using the clutch. I thought that some of you were being a little arrogant, with some of the comments basicly saying "squids do power wheelies", but now i see why you would say that. From i guy that was strictly first gear power wheelies, then switch gears to second.....i have to say that the CLUTCH IS THE WAY TO GO. I got it down perfectly today. I was a ittle scared to rev it to high and have the bike hammer back on top of me, but nope. Nothing bad happened but high wheelies, with a lower rpm's. I was loving it. I just got a new back tire, and im pretty sure that im gonna need another one in the next month, because i cant stop now. I thought i was bad before, but now... The best thing i can say about the clutch is that you can do it at any speed. No slowing down, and no speeding up. Just instant wheel-in-the-air action! I will say that power wheelies in first helped me to get used to the wheel in the air, which was the scariest part. Now standing up. Thats the next challenge....
caveman357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #29 (permalink)

I Ride: 07 Kawasaki ZX-10R

Stand ups are easier because you can use the left passenger set for leverage.
bluedevil10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #30 (permalink)

I Ride: 2005 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by louichie View Post
Get an '05!
My 05 powers up in thrid with stock gearing. I can also power up in second around 45mph And for 2nd gear stand ups I don't even need to bounce it just bump the throttle and up she go's. It's blew my mind the first few times I did it. I had been wheelieing for a while but always had to clutch it up.
dirty13south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #31 (permalink)

Will the 06 wheelie as nice as the 05 I had...

here's my wheelie action, I really loved this bike, did 40 000km on it and sold it....
Then I wheelied and crashed the CBR600 I bought now I need another '10'

Clutch up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYZHmMuZQxk

Power up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Xoww-qt7E

It just used to come up soooo easy...is the 06 as easy or did they spoil i? Soz 06 owners :P

My old ride..

Here's one I'm looking at..
http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars...AdIdZ131344442

Last edited by ScorpZX10R; 06-12-2009 at 04:19 PM.
ScorpZX10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #32 (permalink)

I Ride: '07 ZX-14

Wheelies take some technique as well as power-unless you've got an old H-1; They would loft the wheel just by holding the throttle on and hanging on for dear life!
Old 06-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #33 (permalink)

I Ride: 2005 ZX-10R

Dude, I've done power wheelies on both my 6 and my ten. Both are completely stock. but I am only 135 lbs.
Xurxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:35 AM   #34 (permalink)

Hi, will the 2006 model wheelie as easily as the 2004/5?
Old 06-16-2009, 04:22 AM   #35 (permalink)

I Ride: '08 ZX10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
Wheelies take some technique as well as power-unless you've got an old H-1; They would loft the wheel just by holding the throttle on and hanging on for dear life!
As soon as I hit 2nd the front came up at least a foot. i short shifted 1st. I had a blue '72. The brakes weren't good and the handling was, well...OK. The RD350 handled and stopped much much better. The RD couldn't come close to the 2 stroke power hit of the H-1.
clarkmanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement