1995 ZX-7R Crevier Muzzy Superbike
I got the bike in rough shape, missing some critical parts including fairings. Fortunately, I picked up a real Crevier superbike fairing set when I was up picking up all the other parts from Muzzy a while back. I had many of the missing parts in my parts stash to complete this bike, and sourced some others. This was not cheap exercise, but well worth restoring one of the few COMPLETE M superbikes left anymore. Still way less than a ZX10RR or H2.
I starting stripping it apart, cleaning everything and assessing what was missing. I then started polishing the frame, swingarm, etc., damn, that is hard work. As you can see in the pics, I layed everything out to confirm I was ready to start building. I assembled as many parts on the frame as I could before lowering the frame over it. Assembly is a painstaking task, leaning heavily on friends that know how these bikes go together. It is quite different than the street bike version.
Parts on the bike that I can remember. When I list Factory, it means KHI Factory Works. These parts were only available to the Factory teams:
- Factory Frame, upper fairing stay, gauge holder, clutch lever/cable, Ohlins shock, Ohlins damper
- Factory engine with magnesium covers including cable clutch transmission cover. Internals include Factory cases/head/crank/cams/rockerspistons/oil pump, Kit rods/transmission/valves/valve springs/retainers/clutch basket
- Muzzy Manufactured/Modified Swingarm, Subframe, battery tray, radiator brackets, side/lower fairing brackets, aluminum race fuel tank with carbon fiber cap, suspension link/dogbones for Factory shock, full titanium race exhaust for Factory engine (quite different than Muzzy retail exhaust, race carbon fiber fairings, gull wing triple clamp
- Kit tach, temp gauge, radiator, airbox, rear brake caliper/rotor, rearsets, front/rear wheel, rear quick release axle, front axle, sprockets, harness/CDI/Ignitor/coils/sensors, raised swingarm blocks
- Ohlins FG9400 Superbike forks with AP brake master/front calipers/rotors
- Muzzy kitted FCR 39s with race throttle