ZX7R M2 for sale - ZX Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeremyg

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

I Ride: Kawasaki ZX7R M2, Ducati 916SPS, Ducati 998S

Exclamation ZX7R M2 for sale

You don’t see many of these homologation specials!! Good home needed for 1994 Kawasaki ZX7R M2, VIN has M1 but compliance letter from Kawasaki calls it an M2 i.e.:

- Model: ZX750M2
- Model Year: 1994
- VIN: JKAZXDM14RA002XXX
- Engine#: ZX750JE037XXX
- Manufacture Date: September 14, 1993

We are moving to NZ and I am taking my 916SPS and another M2 with me. I’d love to take this one also and finish off the restoration (my other M2 has been heavily modified as a Muzzy race bike and I love the stock M1/M2 look) but no room in the container and I’ve not ridden this one for 10 years. I am still tempted to ship it separately but if I can get a reasonable price for it then will sell - if not at least I can tell my wife I tried!!

I bought this bike in 2003 when I lived in Houston with around 7,000 miles on the clock. I rode it on and off for a couple of years. The bike had been set up a ZXR-7 endurance racer replica with sharkskin fairings (not sure what happened to these, got lost in one of my many moves I think) and I wanted to get it back to original. I got the 39mm flatsides and top end serviced / rebuilt and engine checked out by the Kawasaki Dealer on the 59 in Houston around 2006. The guy said engine was like new. I spent over a $2,000 getting this done then over $1,000 on a Penske racing shock with titanium spring from Lindemann Engineering (the original was a dog).

Bike now has 8,751 miles on it and has been sitting in my garage in the mountains in CO since 2011. I’ve just cleaned the carburetors and got her running for the first time in 10 years. I am at 9,000ft elevation here and bike was set up for sea level (I think there is a high elevation jet kit for the carbs you can get) and she starts fine and runs but have to play around with the choke a bit. Carbs probably need fine tune / balancing as well after all this time.

Bike has pretty much all original parts M1/M2 parts (e.g. aluminum gas tank, 39mm flatsides, fairings and tail support structure, close ratio gearbox). I had the wheels powder coated in original green and had two new tires put on around 2006. Also put on new chain and sprockets. I rebuilt the brakes including stainless brake lines. I do not have the original exhaust (that was a dog also!) - has a Muzzy system - I think aluminum with a few scratches but not been down. Got a small bin of various bodywork plastic parts that fill in around the fairings but not put these back on.

The bad:

- Original plastic fairings are OK but in need of work, got a bit battered over the years being off the bike and being moved around. Cracked around the front right indicator and rear left panel has been broken just behind the fuel switch from me doing something stupid when they were in storage. Front bottom has a ding / is cracked. You can buy the decal kit for the M1/M2 for around $250 and my intent was to get the bodywork redone with these.

- Aluminum tank has been painted per ZXR-7 endurance racer but has no dings and is in good shape, I just replaced the fuel connection and hoses

- Frame has been polished so is missing the compliance plate, VIN is on steerer tube.

- Hugger missing

- Some surface rusting / corrosion on some bolts / oxidation on aluminum (mainly from 5 years in storage in Houston due to humidity - very dry air up here in CO!)

- Ignition lockout switch on the clutch not working properly. Going to take a look at it if I have time but think simple fix with loose wire. Ignition lockout on side stand has also bee replaced

Bike is located at 81224. Please contact me if interested. I am looking for $4,000 but feel free to provide feedback / make a reasonable offer - these don’t come up very often and mechanically this is in great shape with low mileage but not easy to figure a fair price. Get the bodywork done and fix a few other cosmetic issues and you'd have an absolutely beautiful rare bike. Pictures on dropbox with link below, can upload more detailed pictures and video if anyone is interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t2k9zjtgj...w46dMi_da?dl=0

Last edited by jeremyg; 05-15-2017 at 11:15 AM. Reason: error on mileage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 06:07 PM
RRRRRR

Still got it?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

ZX7RR WSB: Factory motor, Factory swinger, Ohlins WSB forks, Yanagawa carbon body and factory tank, etc etc

Muzzy Race Raptor
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Yep still got it, no interest so far

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Added to dropbox copy of letter from Kawasaki confirming M2, engine number and VIN along with photos from bike of VIN on frame steering neck and engine number on right side above and inboard of the clutch cover. Last three numbers deleted but can provide full details to interested buyers
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the interest. Got someone who wants to buy the bike and just sorting logistics. Will update if it falls through.
ccmhunt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ZX Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page