Turbo Bike? : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   ZX Forums > ZX Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

I Ride: Mille R

Turbo Bike?

Any one here got any experience of turbo bike's? I'm looking for a bit of an interesting project(my ZX6R starts/stops and handles which is a bit boring!!)I havn't had a project bike in ages and am thinking about aquiring a cheap ZX9R or ZZR1100 and putting together a longterm turbo project for the road, anyone here done it or run one?
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

I Ride: '08 ZX10r

turbos can be very expensive. Figure what you feel is going to cost you. Be generous. Don't lie to yourself. Now DOUBLE that figure. Still want to do a turbo?
clarkmanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Definately! It's 'longterm', the cost isn't so bad to bear when it's spread out.There's no rush and lots of turbo kits on Ebay!The point is that it's a 'Project' bike.I am aware that Turbo bikes can swallow money as can any tuning/custom project but where would we be if we all just gave up because it cost money or was a bit of an effort?
Old 08-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

I Ride: 2001 ZX12R

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/pictu...ower-mods.html

It may take a long time, it may cost a lot of money. But when its done you'll love it. Mine is still coming along very slowly. Hopefully be riding it next summer.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

thank you for the thread,just the inspiration I was looking for!
Advertisement