Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

New Bee

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rideit 
#1 ·
Bought a 2014 kawi green ZX-10R (non-ABS) over Memorial Day weekend. I am from Orlando, Florida but currently living in Huntingdon, England. I've been in the Army about six years and made the purchase as a mode of transportation, pleasure, and quality ride time with family. My two brothers own a 2006 ZX-14R and a 2012 Hayabusa. I also have a 1991 Galant VR-4 (teaser below for those interested). Unfortunately won't be able to ride as much as I'd like while being away but thinking about buying a cruiser for out here. Thus far I've put about 580 miles on the bike before I put it on stands. Slapped on a Kawasaki tank pad and Shogun sliders. Also bought a Dainese jacket (can't remember exact one but can get it for anyone interested) and RF-1200 SHOEI helmet. Both are extremely comfortable, provide great airflow, and the visor has not fogged up on me once. Overall extremely satisfied with the purchase but not very satisfied with the price tag on insurance. Both brothers are paying between 30-60 dollars for full coverage. Mine is about 250 through progressive with a clean driving record and basic and advanced military riders courses. I've quoted prices for other providers (GEICO, State Farm, etc.) and all are about the same. In the future, I intend on lowering the bike about 1"-1.5" (I'm pretty short), removing the stripes, ninja and 1000 decals, Brocks Alien head exhaust, fender eliminator, and a quick shifter. Anyway, now for the pictures:

Link for Galant VR-4:
http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=838449&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.