Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

fat tires

4K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  ezmport 
#1 ·
has anyone out there had any experience with fat tire kits. thinking on putting on a 240/300 wide swing arm kit on my 14. looking for advice on where to get kit without robbing a bank first.

#2 ·
Nobody here is that stupid to go there..... Buy a Gold wing or a Harley if you want to do that crap...

#3 ·
that was a hell of a response...

everybody is going to tell you that it changes everything about the bike, the geometry gets all effed. Personally i love the look of fat ties on the big bikes, but i'd never do it to mine.

But the above post is mostly correct not many wide tire kits on this forum.

#4 ·
Fat tires are like fat people - About as agile as the Titanic.

Not to mention ugly, but thats just an opinion in both examples. Some people apparently like fat chicks.

#7 ·
I think this is the shortest, non helpfull post I've ever seen you post :headscratch

I don't know if I should laugh or shake my head. Oh well........:crackup :angry

#6 ·
Get the widest tire you can find a kit for, then get a + 18" swingarm and put chrome on EVERYTHING.

Then you will be super cool like all the kids on GSX-R's.

#8 ·
Well, someone already implied he was stupid, so I didn't want to go there. My opinion is that the whole fat tire/extended swingarm/ jackshaft/bling/bike night thing is silly, so I made a silly post. Just because someone wants to do something I think is silly, I don't feel obligated to help them do it.

#17 ·
Besides, every post is a bump that keeps this silly thread near the top where someone who thinks fat tires are cool can see it and give this guy some advice on how to screw his bike all up like he wants to. I couldn't tell him where to start.
And then of course, there's the entertainment value of jacking someone's thread with humorous but non-helpful crap that breaks up the monotony of guys with six-shooters that want more power.
Or guys with ZX-14s that think it isn't fast enough.
OR guys with ZX 10Rs who think they are actually capable of riding those monsters to their full potential.
And guys with 17-year-old bikes looking for new bodywork for cheap.

See, it's not just guys wanting fat tire kits that crack me up.:rofl
:clap ^^ Awesome, and pretty much sum's up how ridiculous the OP's question is on our forum.

#9 ·
Besides, every post is a bump that keeps this silly thread near the top where someone who thinks fat tires are cool can see it and give this guy some advice on how to screw his bike all up like he wants to. I couldn't tell him where to start.

#12 ·
Understood. Was just a little surprised, not your usual type of responce's IMO.
Still, was a good reply non the less :thumbup

#20 ·
Most of the guys posting about more power from a SIX cant ride that to its potential either.

#15 · (Edited)
Whatever makes you happy.

Most people will tell you that modifications to your bike will alter the way your sportbike handles. Thats obvious like that first comment that posted.

Its better to leave your bike the way it is, and not to be encouraging but these alterations can actually make your bike handle better or do specific things a little better. But to be discouraging it can also sacrifice other things. speed, lean angle, etc.

Here's an example of extended swingarm and wider tires. :)

But where to get the kit? sorry i cant help you as i dont ever plan to do this on my bike so dont know where to get one :(

#16 ·
A friend of mine borrowed his buddies CBR 600 it had a stretched swing arm and fat tire. Who TF does that and why we may never know. But my other friend got on it to go around the block and he said it turned like a tank. I always know that rocket acceleration and agility are two of my advantages to stay with the rubber side down. I do not know why you would want to get rid of one of your primary defenses.

#22 ·
i mean damn guys really, i thought this web was to help people with their questions not call them dumb and tell them their thoughts are stupid. i mean i have read plenty of threads and thought hummm thats stupid, and then i leave the thread without replyings not make people feel littlle for thinking a certain way. man hit the web for your mods. all you have to do is google what you are looking for there are plenty of companies out there too get you in the right directions or other forum websites for that matter. WTF guys suprising too me on the some of the replies. SMH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.