Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

First week on the bike (pics)

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Spearzy 
#1 ·
Well I bought the bike last year, took my time to get into the shape it is now and actually got my bike license again that I let expire over 15 years ago.
The bike is ready, I'm ready, winter is gone.
Some pics from my first week.
Man I love this bike. I really do want to ride it everyday.
My temperature gauge isn't working, I found out the hard way my On, and Reserve are switched around and ran out of gas! :D
Definitely a woospy shitsy moment, was thankful I wasn't riding alone at that time lol
Other than that the bike is mint. I was expecting some little things.

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a good looking bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 · (Edited)
We have graduated license. I let my M2 expire. I rode a Suzuki RG gamma 250, 500, yamaha Virago750, Honda CB650, Harley1340 evo... But was still a teen and did car mods... Then crash the car... Total loss.
In the late 90s.
The car stuff regrettably ended my bike fun at the time.
Now.... It's a comeback. Goy my dream ZX7. Need to find my old KX race bikes i competed with. On and off road for this old timer.
I'm happy to report I'm a careful stay off my lawn collector. Not a high speed rookie

#14 · (Edited)
Thank you! I think she looks amazing. I take lots of pics of this bike, it's like one of my kids.
It's not 100% perfect, she has 52,000km but I did a lot of work to her. Lots of cosmetic cleaning up/new parts, New cams and followers, the carbs cleaned and balance, new tires. It seems to be a happy bike!

I need to powder coat the wheels next winter.

#19 ·
I'm lucky if I remember what day it is. No worries lol
It was taken as a compliment anyway, very kind of you!

I may have got the ROTM already but I'll post up lots more pics as the season progresses. I got a helmet cam too, may add some rides to my youtube channel at some point also. Just have to figure out the mounts and buy a good SD card.

#23 · (Edited)
I actually contacted Troy Lee Designs about acquiring the old Indian chief sticker kits they used to sell in the 1990's.
They responded, and I have in writing, that I may reproduce those the kits on my own.

So... once I get my graphics software up to date again or farm out the vector drawing locally (probably do it myself just will take a bit), I may do a bunch of kits in different colours.
Scott Russell expressed interest in the kit via facebook on "Ryan's Roadracing Lounge" which I thought was pretty badass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.