Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

ZX9 fairing swap question...

58K views 55 replies 27 participants last post by  randycarrier1989 
#1 ·
Will the right side fairing, left side fairing, belly pan, tank and V fairing from a 2000-2003 model ZX9 fit on a 1998 - 1999 ZX9????

#11 ·
OK here goes, 94-97 all the same except holes in tail section of bikes with grab handles. 98-03 same sides, belly, and chin pieces.
98-01 same front fender and tail section
98-99 same frame, nose fairing and windshield
00-01 same frame
00-03 same nose fairing and windshield
02-03 same frame, tail, seat, and front fender.

To put the tail from 02,03 on older bikes the subframe would have to fit, hopefully e1 can help you out.

#24 ·
Ian, you'll need the ram air ducts from the frame out from the 00. You may even need the hard plastic tube going thru the frame. You wouldn't be from Cape Breton would ya? I work with several people from Nova Scotia and they sure talk about how beautiful it is.....is there lot's of good roads to ride?

#26 ·
the zx9 i just bought had a really (and i mean REALLY) cheap fiberglass set of bodywork.
i sold it all for a couple hundred dollars (that was before i saw what the headlights go for on ebay - oops)
anyhow, there are way more options for to 00-01 bodywork, and it just plain looks cooler.
so i'm going that direction.
as for the roads in nova scotia, there are deffinetly some good ones, the cabot trail in cape breton is unreal. i've never done it on a bike, couple of sports cars though - looking forward to riding it on the 9 next summer, my father has a zx12... should make for a fun weekend.
there are also some roads in the southern part of the province which are to die for. sadly most of the centeral bits around where i live are too straight... like people were in a hurry to get where they were going when the made them =-)

aboogie - did you run into any issues with the swap? did you need the tubes as well as the ducts?
thanks guys

#27 ·
No I didnt run into any issues....... Well, sorta kinda with the wiring of the speedo but I got a diagram on it and it worked out fine........

Parts

--00-03 front end cowl

--02-03 headlight bracket/fairing stay (much better then the 00-01, which you have to use the same fairing stay bracket as we have on out 9s now..the 02-03 has one build it that goes fwd in the cowl and up)

--00-03 headlight

--00-03 ram air ducts, and duct covers, ram air scoop

--00-03 gauges (which will work perfect with the 98-99, i have the wiring diagram..all you do is pull the wiring from the harness and move them around)

#28 ·
why did you have to change the gauges? i don't wanna do that at all... my speedo reads 300km... any of the newer ones all have 280 for the highest #.
and could you explain better the 00-01 vs 02-03 bracket... i can see the difference from 98-98 vs 00+. but why'd you used the 02-03?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.