Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    471 Posts
    Glad to hear you have it running at least. Maybe a good valve clearance shimming and carb balance will sort it.

· Registered
    52 Posts
    Yorkie my friend how are you. I hope all is well. finally deleted all my old messages so i can speak to my guru lol. Bike is running okay I guess you can say. still dont feel I have the power that a 900 should have. Maybe my expectations were a little higher.

· Registered
    52 Posts
    I got all four cylinders to run but I feel like the bike is still off. Maybe I need the carbs synched?

· Registered
    52 Posts
    Okay I also did the test with all the cylinders out and still got a high reading. I am wondering if it had something to do with the clutch? All this trouble and then the cable snaps, maybe the clutch was slipping the whole time and that is why I was loosing power?

· Registered
    471 Posts
    Chances are the carbs are leaking somewhere, could be the carb balance points or the rubbers holding the carbs on.

· Registered
    52 Posts
    Yorkie,
    Greetings buddy. How are you? I have another question for you. My 99 zx900 seems to have no power when in gear. I cant even get the bike into the 90's. Carbs are clean, ran some Sea Foam and carb jet cleaner additives. I just dont get it? Seems like the bike wants to die if you give some twist of the wrist. Im told my bike should beable to pull wheelies with just power alone in 3rd gear. I cant even get the tire up in first,lol. Do you know what could be going on?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…